
Valentine's was great this year. Mike took me to Idaho Falls to see our long time friends, The Harpers. We left early Saturday morning and arrived in Idaho Falls around 1:30 in the afternoon. In the car on the way up Mike told me he had a V day gift for me. Tucked under a blanket behind his seat was a gift bag with my name on it. He had picked out two different tissue papers that complimented each other as well as the bag he bought. The card he bought me was hysterical and made me laugh...I also showed the card to all the cars driving past us...they thought I was crazy! Inside the bag were three pairs of the cutest Valentine socks. I love fun socks..as all my friends know, I love to give them as well as get them.
As we got into town...we decided to grab a late lunch from this amazing little place (Babe's) that's been around forever. They have the most amazing Chicken Salad sandwiches and the best desserts in the world. After lunch we hung out and played with their kids...Sydney who is 2 and Austin who is 9 months. We spent some time fiddling with pictures on the computer and just hanging out and talking. The doorbell rang and I figured it was members of Amanda's Family coming to say hello...but then I heard, "Is Amanda, Marcie & Sydney here?" I remember thinking "who would know that I'm here?" At the door was a floral delivery person who not only had flowers for Amanda, but for me and Sydney as well. Mike had set it up a few days ahead of time to order flowers for all the ladies in the house. It was so sweet... I just melted...They were my favorite flowers...Gerbera Daisies and a single rose for Syd...
That night we had reservations for dinner at a place called Rutabaga's...it is known to be very trendy and expensive..it's even won some awards...so of course we thought we were in for a fabulous meal. Unfortunately that was not the case. After we were seated it took almost 40 minutes for someone to come and take our order...then another hour before we even saw any food. The only thing I can say that was good was the salad...Phil ordered Lamb chops...they came long before anyone Else's food arrived. When he took a bite of one of them there was a bone inside the soft part that should have been only meat. He bit down so hard that he squealed in pain and thought he had cracked his tooth ( thank goodness he's a dentist). After that Mike had ordered a half chicken...when he tasted his he said it tasted like it had been cured in salt...Amanda and I ordered the same thing...Prime Rib. Amanda cut into here's first and it was cold...of course I tried mine and the same..cold. The funny thing is the potato's and veggies under the meat were nice and hot...but the meat and sauce were cold...so we sent them back to be warmed. By the time our food came back, the boys were done eating, they had put our plates in to a brick oven of some sort...when they came back the plates were burning hot and the meat was charred black..yum...not! Needless to say non of us wanted a box for leftovers...the manager came over and asked us how are meal was...Mike said it was great if you like licking a salt stick...the manager apologized and asked if he could send some dessert with us...Of course we accepted and chose from a variety of cheesecakes...When he came back he said he had also heard about our issues with the prime rib...he said "I wish you would have told me sooner, I would have adjusted your checks...but please come back again. We all looked at each other like...yeah right! So I thought well at least I got a piece of cheesecake out of the deal...yeah not good either..I didn't even eat mine..first of all it was about the size of a bookmark...not even enough to share...Phil had tried his pathetic excuse of a slice and said it tasted like it had been sitting out for days...Ugh not the Valentine dinner we had hoped for. So if you are ever in Idaho Falls...do not go their!!!
Luckily the night got better...we went over to Phil's cousin Lisa's house and played some poker with Lisa, her husband Jake and Lisa's dad Gary. It was a blast. Gary won of course...he was on a roll all night!
Sunday was Amanda and Phil's day to have the whole family for dinner...so we made a fabulous dinner of Chicken Cordon Bleu...Pea Salad (now my favorite) Dinner rolls, Baked potato's and Mississippi Mud Brownies for dessert...De-vine!!! Dinner was great..Phil's Grandfather and his wife (who is hard of hearing and in a world all her own) kept us laughing through out dinner. It was great to see everyone and spend time with the family.
Monday morning Mike spent 4 hours in the Dentist chair..he said Phil was by far the best Dentist he had ever been to. After that we said our goodbye's and we were on our way home... Unfortunately we came home to two sick little boys, but we were glad to be home to take care of them. Hope everyone had a great Valentines Day...we had one to remember!
No comments:
Post a Comment