Friday, December 19, 2008
Time to slow down...
I rarely ever just blog about anything...usually it's all about pictures and events...not really feeling and just daily life. I've decided I need to do more of this...it's kind of like therapy! This week has been one for the books in my life...some of you know the details and some don't...but either way it's forced me to take stock of my life. I was driving to work this morning in the middle of a pretty good size winter storm. Of course I was going very slow and being extremely cautious, fingers were wrapped so tightly around the steering wheel they were starting to turn blue...and here comes this truck, flying up behind me, swerving around me and cutting back and forth through the other cars on the road (all of which were driving cautiously as well) and it occurred to me that, to him we were all just in his way...keeping him from getting where he wanted to be a little quicker and obviously less important then he is.... there are to many people out there who really are only focused on themselves. When I'm driving slowly...it's not just to keep myself safe, it's to keep those around me safe. I would never forgive myself if I injured someone else or worse! I think about this guy and how his choices could destroy the life of a family this holiday season...or anytime of the year, just because in his mind we are all just in his way! As we are all out this holiday season...let's all just slow down a bit. Not just on the roads but in life as well. The holidays are suppose to bring out the best in people, but lately I have seen it bring out the worst. People in to much of their own hurry to hold the door for someone else, or to help them pick up a bag that dropped...Or to just say Thank You! I keep thinking of the story of the shopper who was trampled to death the morning after Thanksgiving...people were so focused on getting that "great" deal that someone paid for it with their life. I am so saddened by this. Let's all try to remember to "Pay it Forward" in some way or another...Hopefully if we all try, it will inspire others around us to do the same. Share it with your children as well...you'd be surprised by how much joy they get when they know they went the extra mile to help someone else! Life is so fragile and so special and the days go by so quickly..we are all just missing it...forgetting what it's really about! So slow down, spend an extra few minutes tucking your kids in bed and planting kisses all over their cute little cheeks...Stop for a minute and make that phone call to the friend or family member that you keep "meaning" to call. Smile at the person next to you at the stop light! Stop in the middle of the chaos of making dinner and just hug your husband, heck tell each family member at the dinner table why they are so special to you during dinner tonight...lets just all slow down a bit, hopefully by doing this we can all enjoy this special season that much more!!! Love to you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment